Sunday, January 17, 2010

Scientology vs. Fictionology

I have been asked to comment on this article.

First, I have to say that I feel like a man who has been asked to referee a fight between his two best friends.

On the Scientology side of the argument, they were first. In our society, we respect when someone has reached a spot first. For example, you have two tires in a parking spot and another car approaches and the driver honks the horn. Your car was already in the parking spot. You have "dibs" on the spot.

On the Fictionology side of the argument, if the race is not over and you pass someone then you finish ahead of them. Just because your fellow competitor had a headstart does not mean that you cannot pass them during the race.

On the Mormo-Wiccan perspective, ain't make-believe religion fun. I really respect Scientology because they secured Tom Cruise and John Travolta. I really respect Fictionology because they seem to take the same approach to make-believe religions that Mormo-Wiccans do.

And on that note, I leave you with these wonderful words of wisdom for the great Conway Twitty:

My one and only prayer is that some day you'll care.
My hopes, my dreams come true, my one and only you.
No one will ever know how much I love you so.
My only prayer will be someday you'll care for me.
But it's o-only make believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment